Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Please help me find a direction to take my college education and career in....?

I never wanted a career and therefore didn't go to college when you normally would, but now that I have a child of my own I want to earn more money to support him better. I have two years left in school and will be 35 when I finish. I now need to decide what to do with the next two years. I am more interested in the humanities than anything else but don't want to learn another language (already know 3). The thing is, I don't know what type of career would be best for me. Any ideas?





Interests:


History, arts, teaching kids how to play pee wee sports, helping train service dogs, movies, writing, horticulture, community gardening, and a bunch more





Possible majors:


Family and Human Development, Consumer and Community Studies, Economics, Anthropology, Philosophy, Speech Communications, History





Dream job:


Helping research and develop ideas for community improvement in a smaller community (under 50,000). Lead a girl scout troop or 4H group.





Must haves: a house and a car (missing now)

Please help me find a direction to take my college education and career in....?
Go to your local college and take the Strong-Campbell Interest survey. Also talk to one of the career counselors. They will help you get the information that you need.
Reply:Possibly Art History. It would combine two things that you like to do. You can work at a museum or even teach. The other thing that I would suggest is majoring in Family and Human Development.


No comments:

Post a Comment