Thursday, August 19, 2010

Literature?

My assignment is to note a current trend


(which I choose for it to be the increase number of men


in consumption of men's cosmetics) within the last 5 years


and to write a literature review on a consumer behaviour topic


(which I have chosen Self-Concept, incld: attitudes and motivation)


related to this trend.





I have to search for a total of of 10 - 15


journal articles with regards to this topic of interest


and was adviced by my lecture to use keys words


(i.e. self-concept, consumber behaviour, marketing)


when conducting the research. I was advice to read


the abstracts of the articles before reading through the entire piece.


However, despite of my thought in its usability through reading


the abstract, the article seems to be irrelevant when I actually


read through the body.





May I ask then how can I search for articles that are


relevant when writing a literature review on this topic?


Thank you for your time and help.

Literature?
I like your topic---I would think that there would be tons of information. I'm assuming these have to be scholarly articles...the only practical advice I can think of is to check out some of the LESS scholarly periodicals that cater to the demographic about which you're writing (eg. 'Esquire,' or 'GQ' magazines---as well as their websites.) You might find some inspiration there. This was probably not very helpful, but I wish you good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment