Thursday, August 19, 2010

I was just wondering that, in what year did US become a developed country?

The reason I am asking is because, I am not an American but only for studies here. Also, I am from India, called by many ,a third world country (everyone has their own views, no problem with that). Everyone knows that no country including US became what it is right now, just overnight. It had to come a long way to be what it is today. India is not progressing in the same situations and conditions like in a cold war era, (where millitary fueled a lot of research in technology and also led to a lot of it in civilian sector thereby leading to consumer products), being a capitalistic nation since its founding and other things. So, reason I am asking this because, I hear so many people saying that India doesnt have this or that and first country they compare to is US. So when was it that in US there was 24 hour electricity supply, clean water for everyone, good roads etc. Thanks

I was just wondering that, in what year did US become a developed country?
We still do not have the roads, water or electricity for every one. I would say that in 1865 when our civil war broke out was one indicator of developement. 1919 at the end of ww1 when we started comparing ourselves to the rest of the world is another.


No comments:

Post a Comment