Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HELP!! University finals are approaching and I really need study tips!?

I am a Maltese university student and I have my finals in about 2 weeks time!





I have basically 8 subjects:





A LOT OF NOTES:


Managing Organisations


Consumer Behaviour


Civil Law for Accountants


Intermediete Micro Economics


Intermediete Macro Economics





Mathematical:


Operations Research


Cost Accounting





and an optional subjects which needs practically practice:


Maltese Sign Language





How can I manage to study all these subjects in just 2 weeks??





I am concerned about Managing Organisations and Consumer behaviour most because they include a lot of notes and I am freaking out.





PLEASE HELP!!





How can I manage?????

HELP!! University finals are approaching and I really need study tips!?
Study smarter, not harder. I must admit, I don’t enjoy studying. Studying can be difficult, as well as boring. If you are like me, you have a relatively short attention span. Reviewing material, particularly from a class that is not your favorite, takes a lot of motivation and persistence. Here are some of my favorite tips.





First, I hope you have attended all your classes and have taken good notes. This should help your prioritize which materials, readings, or assignments to review. You should also be aware of the type of class and test you are preparing for. Is it an in-class essay, multiple choice, problem solving, or some other kind of exam you are preparing for? Is the class political science, psychology, math, or science? For social science classes, like political science, the key is to study the major concepts. For math and science classes, you need to understand the formulas and concepts. By focusing on what you need to know along general themes, compared to memorizing every detail, you are more likely to recall what you need during exams.





Second, I do recommend studying in a quiet area. Some folks tell me they study better with the television on or listening to their I-Pod. I disagree! It is very easy for your mind to wander. Having some background entertainment can easily pull you away from reading or studying your notes.





Third, I don’t recommend studying in groups except where you are having difficulty understanding the concepts. If you understand the concepts of the class and you just need to review and memorize them, study groups can be more of a distraction than help. I have learned from my experiences that when students from the same class get together, they tend to complain more about the professor, the assignment, or their classmates than do actual studying. If you don’t understand the concepts for the class, a study group may help you. However, I would recommend talking with the professor about your questions or getting some assistance from someone who has already taken the class over a study group.





Finally, never put off studying to the last minute. Schedule your studying (and all your class assignments) to complete some each day. If you spread your studying over a week before a big exam, reviewing materials each day, you will have better retention than trying to cram everything in the night before. This will also give you a chance to review material that seems more difficult or identify questions to bring to the professor before the exam.
Reply:Wow that is alot, this is a website that has an article on study tips, you better get started today....best wishes....





http://prepme4college.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment